8.17.2011

Things end. And things begin.

So Tanglewood is over.

Somehow, after six weeks of rushing from class to class, my life has plunged back into...what.

I'm not sure.

Life has gotten back to its usual rise and fall of action and inaction, emotion and nonemotion, music and silence and noise. I've missed it. And some parts...some parts of it I really really don't miss.

But hey, life goes on. My life is moving on, with a greater appreciation for classical music (blasting Tchaikovsky 4 over every speaker in the room? YES.), and there are new emotional troubles and joys to get over and get into.

I miss everyone, though. I miss my life back there. I miss the me back there. The me that was freer with music, the me that was freer with expression, the me that was unafraid.

Here there are many things to fear.

Like college apps, for instance.

4 comments:

  1. A very pretty post. Sometimes I miss me's in other places too.

    Also, college apps are scary. But they get done. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Sometimes I wish I could just decide on a "me" to be, and just stay there.

    Yup...oh well. Essays allow me to brag about myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand this.

    It's also well-written.

    (Can real life and hard things be a joyful adventure?)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I think in retrospect, certain hard things can be seen in a joyful light. And sometimes I can enjoy the challenge of something hard. But often...

    ReplyDelete