7.21.2010

Psalm 88

A song, the lyrics based on Psalm 88

VS. I
O Lord my God,
God of my salvation,
I cry out to you by day
and I scream for you at night.
Hear my prayer;
Listen to my cry.
For my soul is filled with strife,
And my death draws near.

PRECHORUS
I am as good as dead
I’m a man without strength.
I am left among the dead
like the slain in the grave.
I am forgotten, cut off from your hand.
Lord, I’ve called you...but where are you?

CHORUS
Do the dead praise your name?
Is your love declared from the grave?
Are your wonders known in the dark?
Your faithfulness in Abbadon?

So Lord I call upon your name.
Lord, I need an answer.

VS. II
Lord, explain
why you’ve placed me here.
In the depths of this dark pit
Underneath your crashing waves.
I am alone
my friends have disappeared
I am trapped in this dark place
with no escape.

CHORUS X2

BRIDGE
Every day I call on you
Every night my prayers I send
I lift my hands to you
Why do you hide your face?

Every day I call on you
Every night my prayers I send
My eyes grow dim with tears
Lord save me from this place!

INSTRUMENTAL

CHORUS II
May the dead praise your name
May I declare your love to my grave
May I shine your light in the dark
Be faithful in the valley of death

So Lord I call upon your name
‘Cause Lord, you are the answer.

1 comment: