1.12.2011

Pass It On: a poem

I used to look in the mirror, and see glaring faults.
A bump, a mark. A lack of symmetry and things out of place.

After you spoke two words, my reflection changed.

I look in the mirror, and see a brilliant smile.
A glow, a spark. A charming unevenness, and lopsided grace.

I used to look in the mirror, and criticize my reflection.
"What happened to you?" Frown, fuss.

After you spoke two words, my tongue switched gears.

I look in the mirror, and simply grin.
"Lookin' good there." Strike a pose.

I used to look in the mirror. I still do. But now all I see are the two words you spoke: "Hey, beautiful."

Pass it on.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Just one thing, I think it was Hello not Hey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. point taken. Although I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference :P Thanks.

    ReplyDelete